The Higher School Certificate (HSC) is the highest award in secondary education in New South Wales. To be eligible for the award, students must complete Years 11 and 12, satisfy HSC course requirements and sit for the statewide HSC examinations.
For information about HSC examination papers, Marking Guidelines, Notes from the Marking Centre and other examination resources visit:
- 2012 HSC Examinations
- 2011 HSC Examinations
- 2010 HSC Examinations
- Past HSC Examinations (pre-2010)
- Approved calculators
- HSC Examination committees
- HSC marking
- Certification of HSC projects, submitted works and performances
2013 HSC written examination timetable
Visit Students Online to view the 2013 HSC written examination timetable.
View other HSC dates and events.
Examination equipment list
Visit Students Online to view the Examination equipment checklist.
Preparing for the exams
Students Online features a range of advice and information to help students prepare for the written and practical exams. The Tips and Tools section includes study tips and materials, as well as what to expect in the examination.
Exam rules and procedures
The main rules and requirements for HSC examinations are set out in the Rules and Procedures for Higher School Certificate Candidates booklet, issued to every student when they begin their HSC study, and every student – by signing their Confirmation of Entry form (PDF) – agrees to abide by these rules. Each year a relatively small number of HSC students are reported for breaching examination rules. Read more about exam rule breaches.
If you have a disability that would, in a normal examination situation, prevent you from reading the examination questions and/or communicating responses the Board may approve special provisions. Read more about disability provisions.
HSC advisory bulletin 2013
- HSC Advisory Bulletin 2013
- The purpose of this advisory bulletin is to provide general advice to teachers of all Higher School Certificate courses to share with their Year 12 and Year 11 students. It highlights some of the issues that were raised during the 2012 examinations that affected student performance in the examinations.
- Published May 2013
HSC rules and procedures
- Outlines the rules and procedures for the Higher School Certificate.
- View current guides