HSC Exam Papers
View HSC examination papers from previous years using the links below. Each examination paper is accompanied by Notes from the Marking Centre and Marking Guidelines.
Notes from the Marking Centre contain information regarding the strengths and weaknesses of candidates’ responses.
Marking guidelines are developed by the examination committee and are used at the marking centre. We recommend reading the Notes from the Marking Centre and Marking Guidelines alongside the relevant syllabus, the examination paper, and other support documents to assist teaching and learning in that course.
The format and specifications of many HSC examination papers changed for 2010.
Please refer to the HSC Syllabuses webpage to view the latest documentation.
- 2015 HSC Examinations
- 2014 HSC Examinations
- 2013 HSC Examinations
- 2012 HSC Examinations
- 2011 HSC Examinations
- 2010 HSC Examinations
- 2009 HSC Examination Papers (including relevant 2010 specimen exam papers)
- 2008 HSC Examination Papers
- 2007 HSC Examination Papers
- 2006 HSC Examination Papers
- 2005 HSC Examination Papers
- 2004 HSC Examination Papers
- 2003 HSC Examination Papers
- 2002 HSC Examination Papers
- 2001 HSC Examination Papers and Notes from the Examination Centre (including Marking Guidelines)
- 1995-2000 HSC Examination Papers and Notes from the Examination Centre
Read more about how the HSC examinations are developed and managed each year, specifically:
- how examination committees work
- the people, papers and processes involved in running the HSC
- how HSC marking works
- principles for setting examinations
- principles for developing marking guidelines.