Consultation on the final draft Stage 6 Business Services Syllabus, including the HSC Content
Feedback is sought from Business Services teachers, Registered Training Organisations, employers, industry representatives and other interested stakeholders.
The Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES) is revising the Stage 6 VET Business Services Curriculum Framework to align with the new BSB Business Services Training Package.
The final draft Stage 6 Business Services Syllabus, including the HSC Content, is now available for feedback until Friday 26 June 2015. This follows the initial consultation on the Business Services course structures held in Term 1, 2015.
The HSC Content is organised into HSC focus areas. Each focus area prescribes the scope of learning for the HSC. Students undertaking the Business Services 240 indicative hour course must address seven HSC focus areas.
The HSC Content is detailed in Section 3 of the draft Business Services Syllabus.
A summary of key changes following the initial consultation is provided below:
- mandatory 35 work placement hours have been included for the 120-hour course
- the focus area Financial records and workplace information has been split into two focus areas:
- Financial records focus areawith mandatory associated unit of competency, TLIP2029A Prepare and process financial documents (20 HSC indicative hours) or, BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records.
- Workplace information focus area with mandatory associated unit of competency, BSBINM201 Process and maintain workplace information or, BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
- for the 240-hour course, HSC indicative hours for two mandatory associated unit of competency have been reviewed:
- BSBINN201 Contribute to workplace innovation decreased from 20 to 15 HSC indicative hours
- BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment increased from 20 to 25 HSC indicative hours.
For this final consultation, comments should particularly focus on the HSC Content (syllabus pages 22-54) and the mandatory work placement hours (syllabus page 11).
Email comments to email@example.com by Friday 26 June 2015.
Following endorsement by the BOSTES and approval by the Minister, the new Stage 6 Business Services Syllabus will be published on the BOSTES website for implementation from 2016.
For further information:
- VET team
- (02) 9367 8310