The Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES) is responsible for school curriculum, assessment, and teaching and regulatory standards in NSW schools.
Our key responsibilities relate to:
- development of the curriculum for Kindergarten to Year 12
- accreditation of teachers
- development and conduct of the Higher School Certificate and the Record of School Achievement programs
- registration and accreditation of schools
- approval of schools to deliver courses to overseas students
- administration of the NAPLAN tests
- administration of the home schooling program
- conduct of the Australian Music Examinations Board program in NSW.
Advancing student achievement is at the heart of everything we do. We work with a wide range of stakeholders in the education sector and the broader community to sustain and improve educational standards in NSW schools.
We began operating on 1 January 2014 under the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards Act 2013 (the BOSTES Act).Under the education and teaching legislation, BOSTES brings together the functions previously provided by the Board of Studies NSW and the NSW Institute of Teachers.
More information about BOSTES
- Members of the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW
- BOSTES President's profile
- Annual Reports
- BOSTES organisational charts
- Job vacancies