What is the Board of Studies NSW?
The Board of Studies NSW was established in 1990 to serve government and non-government schools in the development of school education for Years K-12. It provides educational leadership by developing quality curriculum and awarding secondary school credentials, the Record of School Achievement and the Higher School Certificate.
View the current list of members of the Board of Studies NSW.
The Board of Studies:
- sets the core curriculum by developing syllabuses for Kindergarten to Year 12 and provides support materials for teachers and parents;
- manages the NSW Higher School Certificate Examinations (Year 12) each year;
- assesses student achievement and awards high quality credentials to meet the needs of the full range of students;
- promotes the provision of quality education by developing, communicating and implementing educational policies and practices;
- provides advice on grading and assessment policy and procedures;
- promotes the provision of quality education through the registration and accreditation of non-government schools, certifying that they may teach students and enter students for the examinations; and
- effectively manages its resources so that educational objectives are met.