Essential Educational Resources for Australian Teachers and Students
This website holds the official version of documents produced by the Board of Studies NSW.
Copies of these documents that are found elsewhere on the internet might not be correct.
Students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 sit for the National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) tests in May each year. The assessments are an opportunity for students to demonstrate what they know and can do.
In 2014 the NAPLAN test dates are 13 – 15 May. Read more about NAPLAN.
Learning through Languages
Consultation on the Review of Languages Education in NSW concluded on 13 December 2013.
More than 300 people attended public consultation meetings held in metropolitan and regional locations of NSW.
A great number of responses were received via the online survey, including responses from students, teachers, parents, school executive members, community organisations and education authorities.
The Board would like to acknowledge the value of this outstanding response.
Read the consultation report
HSC showcases and exhibitions
Don't miss the 2013 ARTEXPRESS and InTECH exhibitions in regional and metropolitan New South Wales or visit the DesignTECH exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum. Young Writers showcase will be launched later in the year.
Visit showcases and exhibitions for nominations and exhibition updates.
It is important to us that our website is easy for you (and all website visitors) to access and use effectively. Visit our accessibility page.
- NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum
- Program Builder
- School Registration (RANGS)
- Assessment Resource Centre (ARC)
- Assessment Certification Examination (ACE)
- HSC: All My Own Work
- BOS NSW News
- K–6 Educational Resources
- Aboriginal Education
- eBOS Online Services
- Schools Online (Administration)
- Students Online
- Markers Online
- VCS Online
- RTOs Online
- Authorities Online
- HSC Results Online
- BOS NSW Shop Online
- Schools Online
- Partner websites
- NSW HSC Online
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Making Multicultural Australia
- Commemoration: Australia’s wartime heritage
- Gallipoli and the Anzacs
- Australia’s War 1939–1945
- The Kokoda Track
- Anzac Day
- Australia and the Vietnam War
- Australians on the Western Front 1914–1918
- Australian involvement in SE Asia Conflicts
- Teaching Heritage
- Australian Music Examinations Board NSW (AMEB NSW)
- Australasian Curriculum, Assessment and Certification Authorities (ACACA)
- Teacher Housing Authority (THA)
- Aboriginal Education Consultative Group (AECG)
- BOS NSW Web directory
- Links to Educational sites
- Secure Zone